I hope you’re all well!
I haven’t done a newsletter in a while! I’ve been getting on with my writing of Album 10. I want to have it all written by the end of summer so I can then start scheduling recording sessions. Those of you who’ve bought VIP for the recording sessions will be able to start to choose which dates to come on! If you want a VIP RECORDING spot, where you get to come for the day, see and hear the recording session and hang out, here is the link:
I am up to writing song 8! So, three songs to go, I think 10 songs for Album 10.
I’ve written some beautiful, gentle and sparse numbers, with a lot of emotion and depth going into my lyrics, and, of course, some songs which are instant (Hits! Exciting!! I’m so pleased…) speed rocking grunge, the type of song I seem to come up with, time and time again, on each album! I want to continue pushing myself to write songs which you can all dance to and sing along to and relate to… It will be a big moment for me when I finish writing, and am able to announce it to you all! – and start sending the demos out to my chosen musicians for Album 10 and for them to start making themselves familiar with the songs. Please preorder ALBUM 10, it’s available on Deluxe Vinyl, Deluxe CD, Standard CD, plus preorder of artwork proofs, test pressings, official t-shirt, official poster and of course the VIP studio visits… here:
THE WENDY JAMES TRANSVISION VAMP ARCHIVE AUCTION 3
Here it is then! The 3rd part of The Wendy James Transvision Vamp Archive Auction!
This time there is a wider variety of items, ranging from the incredible Enrique Badulescu original collage artworks of photos and design for the campaign of Transvision Vamp’s third and final album Little Magnets versus The Bubble Of Babble, through to Japanese mini discs, still sealed, artwork proofs for the cover of Born To Be Sold and Little Magnets, two Wendy notepads (!), some 12” vinyl picture discs, a Bad Valentine test pressing, some promo only vinyl, a collection of magazine Wendy cover postcards and a couple of VHS performance videos with extras… and they all come bundled with a glossy print photo and 1989 Velveteen Backstage Pass! I will happily sign (and dedicate), so please let me know at checkout when you win your bid! The auction lasts 5 days…
There is something affordable there for everyone, right through to high value collectables…
The auction will be live between 5pm GMT Friday 20th May until 5pm Wednesday 25th May.
Here’s the full list:
1. WENDY NOTEPAD (2)
2. ‘THE BUBBLE OF BABBLE’ ARTWORK TEMPLATE (1)
3. ‘BORN TO BE SOLD’ ARTWORK TEMPLATE (1)
4. ‘BAD VALENTINE’ 12” TEST PRESSING (1)
5. ‘POP ART’ 12” PROMO VINYL (1)
6. ‘BABY, I DON’T CARE’ 12” PROMO VINYL (1)
7. ‘REVOLUTION BABY’ 7” VINYL SINGLE (1)
8. ‘THE VELVETEEN SINGLES’ VHS VIDEO COMPILATION (1)
9. ‘IF LOOKS COULD KILL’ VHS VIDEO COMPILATION (1)
10. ‘B WITH U’ 12” WHITE LABEL VINYL (4)
11. ‘I WANT YOUR LOVE’ 12” VINYL MAXI SINGLE (1)
12. ‘POP ART’ 12” VINYL PICTURE DISC (3)
13. ‘REVOLUTION BABY’ 12” VINYL PICTURE DISC (1)
14. ‘BABY, I DON’T CARE’ JAPANESE MINI DISC (1)
15. ‘TELL THAT GIRL TO SHUT UP’ JAPANESE MINI DISC (2)
16. ‘I WANT YOUR LOVE’ JAPANESE MINI DISC (2)
17. ‘LANDSLIDE OF LOVE’ JAPANESE MINI DISC (1)
18. WENDY JAMES MAGAZINE COVER POSTCARD PULL OUT (1)
19. ‘(I JUST WANNA) B WITH U’ ORIGINAL ARTWORK BY ENRIQUE BADULESCU
20. ‘(I JUST WANNA) B WITH U’ ORIGINAL ARTWORK BY ENRIQUE BADULESCU (ALT)
21. ‘WENDY AS A GANGSTER’ ORIGINAL ARTWORK BY ENRIQUE BADULESCU 1
22. ‘WENDY AS A GANGSTER’ ORIGINAL ARTWORK BY ENRIQUE BADULESCU 2
Here is the link to AUCTION 3:
I CAME HERE TO BLOW MINDS 12” VINYL REISSUE
The splatter pattern 12” vinyl reissue of I Came Here To Blow Minds is in the final stages of manufacture, I should have the artwork proofs ready to send out to those of you who’ve bought them, very soon! The vinyl itself was approved a while ago, but because of Brexit, Covid and a general shortage of Pressing Plants around the world, the queue for vinyl has been more lengthy than usual! My eta for delivery is the summer months… none-the-less, when I do have the vinyls and you have them in your hands, it will have been worth the wait! Not only is it a great album, containing some of my favorite songs, but the look and quality of the vinyl will be so nice! I think there is a test pressing still available for ICHTBM and there are a couple more artwork proofs too…..
I think there is a test pressing still available for ICHTBM and there are a couple more artwork proofs too….. so get those!
Preorder your reissue I Came Here To Blow Minds! Vinyl, Test Pressing, Artwork Proof here:
Though I’m in songwriting stage, I have said I’ll do a special performance in Ireland on Saturday July 16th… it’s at the Forever Young Festival held at Palmerston House Estate in Kildare! I do have some VIP passes available so! See you there! It’ll be so much fun I’m sure!! Here’s the VIP link:
A busy summer! But a good one!
I send my love out to you all…… see you soon, and as always… Thank you